Freedom of Information request to Carmarthenshire County Council
Request submitted today, November 1st 2013
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, and in relation to the council’s decision to close Ysgol Gyfun Pantycelyn, Llandovery, I would be grateful for answers to the following questions, please:
- What monetary value/s was/were accorded to students’ travelling time to the proposed new, more distant school in Ffairfach?
- How were additional bus operating costs calculated, and what value was placed on these additional costs?
- What values were assumed for petrol and diesel costs (a) per gallon and (b) per mile in 2015, 2016 and 2017?
- What calculations were done to predict the likely impact of closure on (a) the economy and (b) the demographic structure of the catchment area of Ysgol Gyfun Pantycelyn?
- According to cost-benefit evaluations, what is the likely impact on the vitality of the town of Llandovery?
- What multiplier factor was applied to the loss of jobs at the school?
- Would students travelling from the Pantycelyn catchment area to Ffairfach be exempt from the proposed £50 a year ‘administration charge’ for school transport?
- What contingency plan is there in case the costs of transport to and from schools escalate to the extent that one or more bus operators can no longer afford to fulfil their contracts?
Pat Dodd Racher